What do I ask my doctor about peripheral neuropathy?

If you think you might have peripheral neuropathy, it's important that you go to a doctor right away. When you got to your doctor's appointment, have a list of questions to ask so that you won't forget them, from most to least important. Before going to your doctor's appointment, make sure you make a list of the medications you are taking and of your medical history. Peripheral neuropathy varies in signs and is difficult to diagnose without a review of your symptoms and risk factors. Because peripheral neuropathy runs in families, be aware of your family medical history. Alcohol abuse and exposure to toxins also cause the disease; your doctor will want to know how much you drink and if your work or home environment may expose you to unhealthy substances. Be sure to ask how your peripheral neuropathy symptoms may be related to your medications and current condition. 

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

What is an inflammatory effect?
Your body doesn't just form allies or fight enemies based on how many calories a particular food has...
What is rebound tenderness?
Christina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DOChristina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DO
Rebound tenderness (also called the Blumberg Sign) is a nonspecific clinical sign that a doctor may ...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
When is surgery the best option for joint pain?
When it comes to joint injuries, healing with steel is not the first choice. The major benefit of su...