Should I talk to my doctor about peripheral neuropathy symptoms?

If you experience symptoms like tingling in your hands and feet, or you feel as if you are losing feeling in your extremities, you should contact a doctor right away. The cause of the disorder can be something simple and curable, but it could be something dangerous, like cancer, blood disease, or exposure to toxins. The effects of peripheral neuropathy are sometimes severe, and catching the disorder immediately can help keep the damage from spreading. Seeing a doctor about pain or depression stemming from the condition can also pave the way for treatment, which will improve your quality of life.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How common is central pain syndrome?
It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be c...
How is acceptance of chronic pain different from resignation to pain?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Don't confuse acceptance with resignation. Acceptance encourages you to make peace with your lim...
What is an inflammatory effect?
Your body doesn't just form allies or fight enemies based on how many calories a particular food has...
How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...