Should I talk to my doctor about my psychogenic pain symptoms?

If you are experiencing unexplained aches and pains, be sure to bring them to the attention of your doctor. You may benefit from psychological help if you do, in fact, have psychogenic pain. Also, be sure to let your doctor know if you have chronic pain from another condition, which could you at risk for experiencing psychogenic pain. Also tell your doctor if you recently suffered some type of physical injury that could be causing chronic pain.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...
How is inflammation of the pudendal nerve treated?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
Inflammation of the pudendal nerve (a main nerve in the pelvis) can be treated with an injection of ...
How common is central pain syndrome?
It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be c...
What is rebound tenderness?
Christina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DOChristina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DO
Rebound tenderness (also called the Blumberg Sign) is a nonspecific clinical sign that a doctor may ...