What over-the-counter medications can I use to manage joint pain?

Treatment options for joint pain will often depend on its cause. However, ibuprofen and acetaminophen are common treatments for joint pain and inflammation. Over-the-counter analgesics, such as aspirin or creams, can help to ease pain and reduce swelling in the joints.

Natalie E. Azar, MD

Some OTC medications for joint pain include acetaminophen, and a variety of anti-inflammatory medications. In this video, rheumatologist Natalie Azar, MD, explains which medications are available and why it's important to consult with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions