Should I be concerned with a numb face and a droopy eye?

Any time that you have new symptoms of numbness on one side of your face and changes in appearances, you should be concerned. These can be indicators for a more serious problem. If the onset of these symptoms is sudden, seek medical care emergently. If the onset has been gradual, you should seek medical care with your primary care provider as soon as you notice them.

These are symptoms that should not be ignored. 

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

What is an inflammatory effect?
Your body doesn't just form allies or fight enemies based on how many calories a particular food has...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
What is rebound tenderness?
Christina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DOChristina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DO
Rebound tenderness (also called the Blumberg Sign) is a nonspecific clinical sign that a doctor may ...
When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...