How does complex regional pain syndrome affect the body?

Doctors aren't exactly sure how complex regional pain syndrome affects the body, but they know it has something to do with nerve damage. People who get complex regional pain syndrome generally experience symptoms of pain in the arm or the leg, and the disorder usually follows an injury of some kind. Usually that injury is major, but sometimes minor injuries can cause complex regional pain syndrome as well.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...
How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...
When is surgery the best option for joint pain?
When it comes to joint injuries, healing with steel is not the first choice. The major benefit of su...