How do I manage my peripheral neuropathy?

If you're suffering from peripheral neuropathy and are experiencing numbness, it's important that you check your feet for any sores or blisters that could get infected. You should also be careful avoid hot temperatures and dangerous objects. Exercising and eating healthy meals may reduce pain and decrease your chance of making the disease worse. Encourage circulation by massaging your feet and hands and avoid putting pressure on your affected nerves.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...
How common is central pain syndrome?
It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be c...
What is the prognosis for arachnoiditis?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Arachnoiditis appears to be a disorder that causes chronic pain and neurological deficits and does n...
How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...