How common is peripheral neuropathy?

Many people suffer from peripheral neuropathy. About 20 million people in the United States are reported to have the disorder. And peripheral neuropathy is particularly common among individuals suffering from certain diseases. For instance, among those with diabetes, peripheral neuropathy affects 60-70% of the group. Alcoholics also tend to suffer from the disease.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How is acceptance of chronic pain different from resignation to pain?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Don't confuse acceptance with resignation. Acceptance encourages you to make peace with your lim...
What is rebound tenderness?
Christina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DOChristina Goldstein-Charbonneau, DO
Rebound tenderness (also called the Blumberg Sign) is a nonspecific clinical sign that a doctor may ...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
What is the prognosis for arachnoiditis?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Arachnoiditis appears to be a disorder that causes chronic pain and neurological deficits and does n...