How common is central pain syndrome?

It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be caused by a variety of health conditions. In fact, many doctors haven't even heard of it. This makes it frustrating for those who suffer from this debilitating disorder. Not only do they have trouble finding treatments to relieve or lessen their pain, it is also hard to get the emotional support and understanding they need.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...
When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...
What is an inflammatory effect?
Your body doesn't just form allies or fight enemies based on how many calories a particular food has...
How is inflammation of the pudendal nerve treated?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
Inflammation of the pudendal nerve (a main nerve in the pelvis) can be treated with an injection of ...