Does peripheral neuropathy affect children differently than adults?

Peripheral neuropathy does not affect children differently than adults. It is more common in adults. However, people who have inherited types of peripheral neuropathy may begin to notice their symptoms during childhood, if they were not detected in infancy. Symptoms can range from nearly insignificant to crippling.

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...
What is the prognosis for arachnoiditis?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Arachnoiditis appears to be a disorder that causes chronic pain and neurological deficits and does n...
How common is central pain syndrome?
It's hard to say how common central pain syndrome is because it's difficult to diagnose and can be c...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...