Glucosamine Chondroitin can help reduce joint pain. The body naturally manufactures glucosamine and chondroitin, both of which promote joint health and support healthy joint movement. Glucosamine is thought to promote the formation and repair of cartilage while it is believed that chondroitin helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage. Glucosamine supplements are derived from shellfish shells; chondroitin supplements are generally made from cow cartilage. Because binge eaters have an added risk of joint damage from carrying excess weight, glucosamine chondroitin can be taken to restore joint health and to prevent further damage.
- Q What causes sacroilliac joint pain?
- Q How does movement affect spinal joint pain?
- Q When is surgery the best option for joint pain?
- Q What should I do if I have joint pain while exercising?
- Q What could cause joint pain and swelling?
- Q Can my family doctor treat my joint pain?