What is the treatment for Paget's disease?

Treatment varies depending on the severity and location of Paget's disease. If you have no symptoms and are at low risk for complications, you may not need any treatment. Heel lifts and other orthotic devices can help if walking is a problem. If you experience pain, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen may be recommended. If you need surgery to repair bones or are at risk for serious complications involving your spine and heart, your doctor may prescribe additional medications. Bisphosphonates and calcitonin are commonly used medications for Paget's disease. They can stop or slow t he progression of disease, and help ease pain in the bones.

Continue Learning about Paget's Disease

Should I talk to my doctor about my Paget's disease symptoms?
People with Paget's disease should see a doctor to have their pain treated and to prevent complicati...
What is Pagets disease?
Paget's disease changes your bones. Normally, bone tissue is broken down and rebuilt throughout your...