How do medications treat Paget's disease?

Over-the-counter medication like acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) relieve pain that is caused by Paget's disease. Bisphosphonates can slow down the development of Paget's disease and help return bone formation to normal. Calcitonin also helps return bone formation to normal; however, it is not as strong as bisphosphonates and is usually used only if bisphosphonates are too strong for you.

Continue Learning about Paget's Disease

What is Pagets disease?
Paget's disease changes your bones. Normally, bone tissue is broken down and rebuilt throughout your...
Should I talk to my doctor about my Paget's disease symptoms?
People with Paget's disease should see a doctor to have their pain treated and to prevent complicati...