What do I need to know about caring for someone with Paget's disease?

You should be aware that while many people with Paget's disease have no visible symptoms, their bones are still being affected. Make sure they get adequate calcium, vitamin D, and exercise. Also try to create a safe environment where they are less likely to fall and fracture a weakened bone. Paget's disease can be very painful, and may require pain medication. If the person you are caring for has additional medications, make sure they are taken according to the prescribed schedule. Finally, if their symptoms change or they feel pain in the head or spine, or if they feel any numbness, you should contact a doctor to discuss their symptoms.

Continue Learning about Paget's Disease

Should I talk to my doctor about my Paget's disease symptoms?
People with Paget's disease should see a doctor to have their pain treated and to prevent complicati...
What is Pagets disease?
Paget's disease changes your bones. Normally, bone tissue is broken down and rebuilt throughout your...