Are there alternative treatments for Paget's disease?

Alternative treatments for Paget's disease are primarily home treatments that should be part of your regular treatment program. Make sure you are consuming at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D daily. Women over 50 and men over 70 should increase that to 1,200 mg of calcium; also, after age 70 men and women should consume 800 IU of vitamin D. Follow a regular exercise program and make sure you have a healthy weight. Finally, keep your home tidy and wear comfortable shoes to prevent falls that could fracture your bones.

Continue Learning about Paget's Disease

Should I talk to my doctor about my Paget's disease symptoms?
People with Paget's disease should see a doctor to have their pain treated and to prevent complicati...
What is Pagets disease?
Paget's disease changes your bones. Normally, bone tissue is broken down and rebuilt throughout your...