Will taking Roxicodone make me sleepy?

Drowsiness is one common side effect of the prescription pain medication Roxicodone (oxycodone), because this drug slows down activity in the central nervous system, or brain and nerves. That's normal and typically doesn't prevent people from using Roxicodone. However, if you're taking Roxicodone and develop extreme sleepiness, tell your doctor.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
How do I take oxycodone?
You should take oxycodone exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it for you. Typically...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...