If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Roxicodone?

If you're pregnant, you shouldn't take the prescription pain medication Roxicodone (oxycodone) unless you and your doctor decide that the benefits of this drug outweigh its serious potential risks to the developing fetus. One of the greatest concerns is that babies born to pregnant women who use Roxicodone (or any drug in its class, called opioid analgesics) may have breathing problems. Babies may also be born dependent on the drug and display withdrawal symptoms, such as sleeping and feeding problems, weight loss and seizures.

If you do use Roxicodone during pregnancy, it's important not to take the drug during or immediately before going into labor. Doing so could weaken uterine contractions and prolong labor.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What are the side effects of oxycodone?
Serious side effects of oxycodone include shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, seizure (convulsion...
Can I become addicted to opioid pain-killing drugs such as oxycodone?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
Many people become addicted due to having medical procedures, such as an operation, or due to some f...
What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...