How should I take OxyContin?

OxyContin tablets should be swallowed whole with a full glass of water. If you get an upset stomach, your doctor may recommend that you take OxyContin with food or milk. Never crush, break or chew the tablets, which can give you a full dose all at once and can cause an overdose or death. Follow directions on the label for specific instructions about when and how often to take the medication. If you have been taking OxyContin for more than a few days, do not suddenly stop taking it. Doing this can cause serious withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor for advice about how to gradually stop taking OxyContin.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Who should not take oxycodone?
You might not be able to take oxycodone if you have low blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstruct...
What are the side effects of oxycodone?
Serious side effects of oxycodone include shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, seizure (convulsion...
What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
How do I take oxycodone?
You should take oxycodone exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it for you. Typically...