How is OxyContin CR different from OxyContin?

OxyContin (oxycodone) is a medication that doctors sometimes prescribe to patients who are experiencing moderate to severe pain. It comes in the form of a tablet that gradually releases medicine over a period of 12 hours. This action is sometimes called "controlled release." Because of this, you may sometimes see OxyContin referred to as OxyContin CR.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
Can I become addicted to opioid pain-killing drugs such as oxycodone?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
Many people become addicted due to having medical procedures, such as an operation, or due to some f...
How does oxycodone hydrochloride interact with other drugs or food?
CNS depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects of oxycodone hydrochloride. Th...