How can I minimize the side effects of Roxicodone?

You can minimize the risk for side effects while taking the prescription pain medication Roxicodone (oxycodone) by following all the instructions you get from your doctor and pharmacist about how to use this medication. Be sure to give your doctor a complete medical history before you start taking Roxicodone, because some conditions increase the risk of side effects. For the same reason, tell him or her about all your medications, whether prescription or over-the-counter, and any supplements or other remedies too. Do not drink alcohol or use sleep aids or tranquilizers while you're taking Roxicodone, because these can dangerously intensify the drug's effects. If you're ready to stop taking Roxicodone, talk with your doctor first; you may need to reduce your dose gradually to avoid symptoms of withdrawal.

Many of Roxicodone's side effects are mild, such as drowsiness and nausea. Report these to your doctor if they don't go away or if they bother you. Other side effects can be serious, including depressed breathing. Report these to your doctor promptly.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Who should not take oxycodone hydrochloride?
If you have hypotension, asthma, COPD, or other breathing disorders, kidney disease, epilepsy or sei...
Will I experience withdrawal symptoms after taking oxycodone?
Maybe. Oxycodone is a potent narcotic with the potential for dependence. If you have been taking...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...