How do I take oxycodone?

You should take oxycodone exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it for you. Typically, your doctor will prescribe the lowest dose to start and increase it if you need it. The immediate release tablets, capsules and liquid may be taken with food or milk to prevent stomach upset. The extended release tablets may be taken with or without food. Do not chew, cut or crush the estended release tablets, swallow them whole. When taking the liquid dosage form, be sure to use a dose measuring spoon from the pharmacy. Household spoons are not accurate enough to measure oxycodone liquid.

Oxycodone is a controlled substance requiring a DEA prescription order form and has the potential for dependence and abuse. Take this medicine only as directed, store it safely, and do not share it with anyone.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...
Can I become addicted to opioid pain-killing drugs such as oxycodone?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
Many people become addicted due to having medical procedures, such as an operation, or due to some f...
What is oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine that is taken day and night for contin...