Can I use Roxicodone if I am taking phenelzine?

Your doctor may not prescribe Roxicodone (oxycodone) if you're already taking phenelzine (Nardil). Roxicodone, used for moderate to severe pain, belongs to a class of medications called opioid analgesics. The antidepressant phenelzine belongs to a class of drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). There is evidence to suggest that MAOIs can intensify the effects of opioid analgesics. That could cause a person who combines the drugs to become confused and anxious and to develop severe breathing problems or even slip into a coma. If you use an MAOI or any other type of antidepressant, tell your doctor before taking Roxicodone.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What are the side effects of oxycodone?
Serious side effects of oxycodone include shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, seizure (convulsion...
Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
What is oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine that is taken day and night for contin...
Can I become addicted to opioid pain-killing drugs such as oxycodone?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
Many people become addicted due to having medical procedures, such as an operation, or due to some f...