Can I use OxyContin if I am taking tranylcypromine?

Doctors generally do not prescribe OxyContin (oxycodone) to patients who are taking tranylcypromine (Parnate). OxyContin is a prescription pain reliever that belongs to a group of medications called opioids. Tranylcypromine is an antidepressant that is typically prescribed to people with severe depression that hasn't responded to therapy. There have been reports that tranylcypromine exaggerates the effects of opioid drugs, which could cause serious side effects. Tell your doctor about all drugs you take before using OxyContin.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
Is oxycodone habit-forming?
Yes. Although physical dependence on oxycodone is possible, it is unlikely if the lowest dose is...
Can I become addicted to opioid pain-killing drugs such as oxycodone?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
Many people become addicted due to having medical procedures, such as an operation, or due to some f...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...