Can I use OxyContin if I am taking selegiline?

Your doctor will decide whether it’s safe for you to use the pain reliever OxyContin (oxycodone) if you're taking selegiline (Emsam). OxyContin belongs to a family of drugs called opioids. Selegiline is a type of antidepressant known as a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor. There have been reports of patients who experienced bad reactions to the combination of MAO inhibitors and opioid drugs. Give your doctor a complete list of medications you use before taking OxyContin.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
Who should not take oxycodone?
You might not be able to take oxycodone if you have low blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstruct...
What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...