Can I use OxyContin if I have a history of seizures?

If you have experienced seizures in the past, tell your doctor before taking the prescription pain reliever OxyContin (oxycodone). Taking OxyContin may trigger or worsen seizures. You may be able to use OxyContin, but your doctor is likely to monitor you closely.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
What is oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine that is taken day and night for contin...
How does oxycodone interact with other drugs or food?
Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects o...
What are the side effects of oxycodone?
Serious side effects of oxycodone include shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, seizure (convulsion...