Can I drive while taking OxyContin?

Don't drive while taking OxyContin (oxycodone) until you know how this medication affects you. OxyContin is prescribed for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics. Drowsiness and loss of muscle coordination are potential side effects of OxyContin. Since alertness and muscle coordination are essential for driving, let someone else take the wheel until you're familiar with how your body responds to OxyContin. Avoid operating heavy machinery for the same reasons.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Who should not take oxycodone hydrochloride?
If you have hypotension, asthma, COPD, or other breathing disorders, kidney disease, epilepsy or sei...
What are the side effects of oxycodone hydrochloride?
An allergic reaction to oxycodone hydrochloride can cause swelling of your face, lips, tongue, and t...
Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
Is oxycodone habit-forming?
Yes. Although physical dependence on oxycodone is possible, it is unlikely if the lowest dose is...