Are there any risks in taking OxyContin?

OxyContin can cause difficulties in breathing and may even be fatal for people who cannot tolerate opiates (narcotic drugs). If you take a tablet that has been broken or crushed, you may get too much medication in your system at once. This could put you at risk for an overdose or death. OxyContin can also be habit-forming, so you should not take more than what your doctor has prescribed.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

How does oxycodone hydrochloride interact with other drugs or food?
CNS depressants (drugs that make you drowsy) can increase the effects of oxycodone hydrochloride. Th...
What is oxycodone hydrochloride?
Oxycodone hydrochloride is a narcotic analgesic medication similar to morphine that is taken day and...
What should I know about oxycodone before taking it?
You should know that oxycodone can be addictive and is a drug that has been abused. You will nee...
Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...