How soon after taking OxyContin will my symptoms improve?

OxyContin begins to provide pain relief in 10 to 15 minutes. OxyContin contains enough medicine to last for up to 12 hours. Your doctor may start you on a low dose of OxyContin and increase the dosage every day or two until your symptoms improve and you are having little or no pain. If you take OxyContin for a long period of time, the medication may gradually lose its effectiveness. This means that your body may have become tolerant of, or used to, the medication. Your doctor may need to increase the dosage to control your pain.

Continue Learning about Oxycodone

Is oxycodone habit-forming?
Yes. Although physical dependence on oxycodone is possible, it is unlikely if the lowest dose is...
What are the side effects of oxycodone hydrochloride?
An allergic reaction to oxycodone hydrochloride can cause swelling of your face, lips, tongue, and t...
Can I take oxycodone if I am pregnant?
Oxycodone has been classified in Pregnancy Category B by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),...
How do I take oxycodone?
You should take oxycodone exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it for you. Typically...