Why are women more prone to overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Women are more than four times more likely to suffer from overactive bladder than men. This is due to changing hormones and the trauma experienced during pregnancy and childbirth. In addition, women have smaller bladders and are more inclined to have urinary tract infections.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

What's Really Happening in the Bladder When You Have OAB
See how the bladder functions in a patient living with an overactive bladder in this revolutionary, three-dimensional video from Sharecare’s Virtual R...
How often should I go to the doctor for a physical examination?
Dr. Talal N. Khan, MDDr. Talal N. Khan, MD
A preventive wellness visit is recommended once a year. It helps keep a relationship with your docto...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?