What is a uroflometry test?

Jill Rabin
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
A uroflowmetry test may be the first test performed to ensure that you aren’t abnormally retaining urine. Urine retention may be due to a problem with the nerves controlling the bladder and the pelvic floor or due to a bladder obstruction. A flowmeter measures the quantity of fluid voided per unit of times, which should be more than 10 cc per second for women.
Mind Over Bladder: I Never Met a Bathroom I Didn't Like!

Advance praise for Mind Over Bladder "Where is the closest bathroom?" If you listen hard enough, these are the words you hear from the lips of millions of women as they enter malls, lobbies, museums,...

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
An overactive bladder is not life threatening but it can affect someone's quality of life says, urologist Arthur Crowley. In this video, Dr. Crowley e...
Do certain foods worsen overactive bladder?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Certain foods can worsen overactive bladder. Some of the main offenders are acidic and citrus foods ...
Can overactive bladder lead to depression?
Functional urinary incontinence from depression or a similar emotional issue is rare, but it does ha...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?