How can vaginal weights help with overactive bladder treatment?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Vaginal weights help overactive bladder treatment by making sure you locate the right pelvic muscles to exercise. Here's how they work:

- Start by placing the smallest weigh in your vagina and contract your pelvic floor muscles to keep it from falling out. 
- With the cone in, try to squeeze the vaginal muscles around your finger as you remove it from the opening. Use those muscles to hold the cone in place for a short time.
- Each time you exercise, try to hold it longer and move it more times with each set. 
- Increase to heavier weights as your pelvic floor muscles become stronger.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Fast Facts About Overactive Bladder
Fast Facts About Overactive Bladder
Living with overactive bladder? Check out this video to get the must-know facts that can help you take control of your condition. Medically reviewed ...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Certain treatments for prostate cancer may cause men to develop overactive bladder. One type of canc...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?