How does urine flow rate help diagnose overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Your urine flow rate is measured by a uroflowmeter. When you urinate into the device, it measures how fast and how much you urinated and creates a graph from the information. Your doctor can use the information to help detect a blockage or other structural problem.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Certain treatments for prostate cancer may cause men to develop overactive bladder. One type of canc...
Do certain foods worsen overactive bladder?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Certain foods can worsen overactive bladder. Some of the main offenders are acidic and citrus foods ...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?