What is a urinary false alarm?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
If you have overactive bladder, your brain can receive a “false alarm.” This is an urgent signal that you need to urinate when your bladder really is not very full. If your brain receives a false alarm, you will feel like you have to rush to the bathroom over and over again. A false alarm can cause an accident if you cannot make it to the bathroom in time.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
An overactive bladder is not life threatening but it can affect someone's quality of life says, urologist Arthur Crowley. In this video, Dr. Crowley e...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Can overactive bladder lead to depression?
Functional urinary incontinence from depression or a similar emotional issue is rare, but it does ha...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?