Do certain types of overactive bladder benefit more from pelvic exercises?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Pelvic muscle exercises can help bladder function and can improve mild to moderate levels of two types of incontinence:

• Urge incontinence, in which urine leaks because of strong, sudden urges to urinate.

• Stress incontinence, in which urine leaks due to movement or pressure, such as from running or coughing.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

What's Really Happening in the Bladder When You Have OAB
See how the bladder functions in a patient living with an overactive bladder in this revolutionary, three-dimensional video from Sharecare’s Virtual R...
How does the sacral nerve affect bladder control?
May M. Wakamatsu, MDMay M. Wakamatsu, MD
Without your awareness, there is a constant loop of communication between your bladder and one o...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?