Why does time of day matter in a bladder diary?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
In your bladder diary, you should be specific about the times of day that you urinate as well as how much urine you produce. The times of day may correspond to your food or drink intake and may help shed some light on factors that may be contributing to your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
How does interstitial cystitis affect overactive bladder?
It is not known how interstitial cystitis affects overactive bladder. Interstitial cystitis is a...
What is double voiding?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Double voiding is voiding a second time, 10 to 15 minutes after an initial time. This ensures that t...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?