What are the symptoms of bladder problems during pregnancy?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
During pregnancy, you will typically experience stress incontinence, which is the loss of urine caused by increased pressure on the bladder. Symptoms include leakage from any activity that puts pressure on the abdomen such as coughing, sneezing or exercising. You may also experience overactive bladder and need to urinate more often and urgently than normal.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Veronica and OAB
My Story: Veronica and OAB
Overactive bladder (OAB) can be embarrassing—but you're not alone. In the U.S., over 200,000 cases are diagnosed each year. In this video, Veronica sh...
What is double voiding?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Double voiding is voiding a second time, 10 to 15 minutes after an initial time. This ensures that t...
How does the sacral nerve affect bladder control?
May M. Wakamatsu, MDMay M. Wakamatsu, MD
Without your awareness, there is a constant loop of communication between your bladder and one o...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?