How does sacral nerve stimulation benefit the bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
The major benefit of sacral nerve stimulation is convenience. Once the system is implanted under your skin, it remains there to provide the electrical stimulation you need without return trips to the doctor. Work with your doctor about maintenance and care.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
An overactive bladder is not life threatening but it can affect someone's quality of life says, urologist Arthur Crowley. In this video, Dr. Crowley e...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Do certain foods worsen overactive bladder?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Certain foods can worsen overactive bladder. Some of the main offenders are acidic and citrus foods ...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?