What are the risks to my bladder of waiting to urinate?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
While stretching out intervals between bathroom visits is a good way to train your bladder, waiting too long to urinate can create extra pressure on the bladder. Also, waiting too long can lead to wetting accidents that can cause emotional distress and setbacks for your treatment.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
Living with overactive bladder, or OAB, can make certain aspects of life challenging, but there are ways you can manage your symptoms. In this video, ...
What surgical options are available to treat overactive bladder?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
If minimally invasive procedures don’t work in the treatment of overactive bladder, the surgical opt...
Can overactive bladder lead to depression?
Functional urinary incontinence from depression or a similar emotional issue is rare, but it does ha...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?