How can I reduce overactive bladder symptoms before delivery?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
You can reduce overactive bladder symptoms by practicing pelvic floor exercises to strengthen and tighten muscles. You can also try perineal massage to gently stretch the vaginal opening and decrease the risk of  injury and pain during and after delivery. Try to exercise and maintain a good healthy weight for you and the baby. Talk to your doctor about eating a proper diet, exercising and other healthy habits.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Fast Facts About Overactive Bladder
Fast Facts About Overactive Bladder
Living with overactive bladder? Check out this video to get the must-know facts that can help you take control of your condition. Medically reviewed ...
What is double voiding?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Double voiding is voiding a second time, 10 to 15 minutes after an initial time. This ensures that t...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?