Why is a rectal exam done for overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
A rectal exam is done to check anal tone and to rule out prostate cancer or tumors. It can also determine the presence of obstructions or impactions.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

What's Really Happening in the Bladder When You Have OAB
See how the bladder functions in a patient living with an overactive bladder in this revolutionary, three-dimensional video from Sharecare’s Virtual R...
What surgical options are available to treat overactive bladder?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
If minimally invasive procedures don’t work in the treatment of overactive bladder, the surgical opt...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?