Can prostate problems affect my bladder?

If the prostate blocks the bladder and causes pressure when you urinate, you will notice overactive bladder symptoms. You will need to go more often and more urgently. Also, if your prostate is enlarged, you may not have problems emptying your bladder, so you will feel more need to go.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Veronica and OAB
My Story: Veronica and OAB
Overactive bladder (OAB) can be embarrassing—but you're not alone. In the U.S., over 200,000 cases are diagnosed each year. In this video, Veronica sh...
Is overactive bladder the same as urinary incontinence?
Overactive bladder is a form of a specific type of urinary incontinence. Urge incontinence is a type...
Is overactive bladder more common in women or men?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Various studies have shown that the prevalence of overactive bladder is either even in men and women...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?