Can a pelvic exam help women diagnose bladder control problems?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
A woman should have a pelvic exam to rule out other conditions and infections that may cause or mimic overactive bladder symptoms. Your doctor will examine your pelvic organs and structures for any abnormalities and can detect whether you have suffered a pelvic prolapse.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Brynn and OAB
My Story: Brynn and OAB
People who are affected by overactive bladder (OAB) struggle with frequent and sometimes uncontrollable urges to urinate. In this video, Brynn shares ...
Can doctors always figure out the cause of overactive bladder?
In some cases of overactive bladder, no apparent cause can be determined. This is known as idiop...
Is overactive bladder more common in women or men?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Various studies have shown that the prevalence of overactive bladder is either even in men and women...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?