What is a pad test for women with overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
A pad test is done to measure the amount of urine you lose during activity. During the exam, you will wear a sanitary pad while exercising, and then the pad is weighed when you finish to see how much urine it contains.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Veronica and OAB
My Story: Veronica and OAB
Overactive bladder (OAB) can be embarrassing—but you're not alone. In the U.S., over 200,000 cases are diagnosed each year. In this video, Veronica sh...
Can overactive bladder lead to depression?
Functional urinary incontinence from depression or a similar emotional issue is rare, but it does ha...
Is there one definite cause of overactive bladder?
Kimberly L. Burgess, MDKimberly L. Burgess, MD
There is no single cause of an overactive bladder. Overactive bladder is defined as urinary urgency,...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?