Can overactive bladder damage my relationships?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
In addition to being a significant inconvenience, bladder control problems can threaten or damage your relationships. To avoid wetting accidents, you may avoid social gatherings, stop participating in activities you previously enjoyed and withdraw from people. Physical intimacy may also become challenging. If you don't talk to family and close friends about your condition, they may grow frustrated when you decline invitations or by your constant trips to the bathroom.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
How does the sacral nerve affect bladder control?
May M. Wakamatsu, MDMay M. Wakamatsu, MD
Without your awareness, there is a constant loop of communication between your bladder and one o...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?