Are men prone to overactive bladder after prostate surgery?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Most men will experience some overactive bladder symptoms following prostate surgery. The primary causes are damage to the bladder muscle that holds the urine and irritation from the catheter inserted after the procedure. For most, urine leakage should end within four to six months. 

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
Is surgery an option for severe overactive bladder?
Several surgical options are available if you are not responding to other treatments or for certain ...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?