What role does my medical history play in an overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Your medical history plays a large role in finding the cause of your overactive bladder. Your doctor will review your previous illnesses, family history and previous surgeries to help identify the factors that may be causing your bladder problems. Make sure you provide details of your medical history, including medications, to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
Is an Overactive Bladder Serious?
An overactive bladder is not life threatening but it can affect someone's quality of life says, urologist Arthur Crowley. In this video, Dr. Crowley e...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Certain treatments for prostate cancer may cause men to develop overactive bladder. One type of canc...
How often should I go to the doctor for a physical examination?
Dr. Talal N. Khan, MDDr. Talal N. Khan, MD
A preventive wellness visit is recommended once a year. It helps keep a relationship with your docto...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?