How do hormones affect overactive bladder in women?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Men's bodies are generally better designed to prevent urine leakage. This is because the urethra in men (the tube through which urine flows out of the body) is longer. This helps men to be better able to control their urine flow until they can get to the bathroom.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Veronica and OAB
My Story: Veronica and OAB
Overactive bladder (OAB) can be embarrassing—but you're not alone. In the U.S., over 200,000 cases are diagnosed each year. In this video, Veronica sh...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is surgery an option for severe overactive bladder?
Several surgical options are available if you are not responding to other treatments or for certain ...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?