How can I help retrain my overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
You can try to retrain your overactive bladder by lengthening the amount of time between using the bathroom. By extending  the amount of time between bathroom visits, you can help to increase your bladder's capacity so you go less often. This is one of the behavior tools used to help overactive bladder sufferers, but it does not work for everyone.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is It Overactive Bladder or Something Else?
If you find yourself having to pee often, planning trips around bathroom access or getting up in the middle of the night to empty your bladder, you ma...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
How does the sacral nerve affect bladder control?
May M. Wakamatsu, MDMay M. Wakamatsu, MD
Without your awareness, there is a constant loop of communication between your bladder and one o...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?