What foods can I eat to help reduce overactive bladder symptoms?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
There is no special diet to manage or control overactive bladder symptoms, but you should include more fiber in your diet. When you eat more fiber, you reduce constipation, a risk factor for bladder problems. Adding more fiber to your diet also helps you maintain your weight.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

What's Really Happening in the Bladder When You Have OAB
See how the bladder functions in a patient living with an overactive bladder in this revolutionary, three-dimensional video from Sharecare’s Virtual R...
How often should I go to the doctor for a physical examination?
Dr. Talal N. Khan, MDDr. Talal N. Khan, MD
A preventive wellness visit is recommended once a year. It helps keep a relationship with your docto...
Can doctors always figure out the cause of overactive bladder?
In some cases of overactive bladder, no apparent cause can be determined. This is known as idiop...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?