Could my excess weight contribute to overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
One of the best ways to reduce your risk of overactive bladder is to maintain proper weight. The extra weight you carry, the more pressure on your bladder. This is especially true of belly fat. Manage your weight with good eating and exercise habits to avoid extra pressure on your bladder.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
Living with overactive bladder, or OAB, can make certain aspects of life challenging, but there are ways you can manage your symptoms. In this video, ...
Is there one definite cause of overactive bladder?
Kimberly L. Burgess, MDKimberly L. Burgess, MD
There is no single cause of an overactive bladder. Overactive bladder is defined as urinary urgency,...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Dr. Michael W. Mangelson, MDDr. Michael W. Mangelson, MD
There is no evidence that the overactive bladder causes prostate cancer. However, the symptoms of an...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?